Runners Forum banner

Friday's Question

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Katten 
#1 ·
Who's racing this weekend and where?

#10 ·
Not racing, but 'jogging' round The Great South Run. Still got a swollen knee and bruises, throat infection and chesty cough, so providing things don't take a turn for the worse, I will be spluttering my way round Portsmouth, I expect there will be people worse off than me trying to run. I will run round with a friend who runs slower than me, so hopefully I will make it round.

ps Thank you South West Trains for having NO trains running at all this weekend, into a traffic bottleneck city. I imagine the journey is going to be more of an ordeal than the Run.

#12 ·
Steve said:
Billericay Striders have a 10K on 7/11 Hayley
Hayley.

I`m running Billericay next week.

Chelmsford 10k 2 weeks later I think,no plans to run it at the moment.

Ran it last year,nice race.

#13 ·
Bagpuss said:
Not racing, but 'jogging' round The Great South Run. Still got a swollen knee and bruises, throat infection and chesty cough, so providing things don't take a turn for the worse, I will be spluttering my way round Portsmouth, I expect there will be people worse off than me trying to run. I will run round with a friend who runs slower than me, so hopefully I will make it round.

ps Thank you South West Trains for having NO trains running at all this weekend, into a traffic bottleneck city. I imagine the journey is going to be more of an ordeal than the Run.
Good luck BP.

#15 ·
Thanks guys, can't believe I feel so naff this week, having not been ill for almost a year (apart from the odd self inflicted incident). If I don't have a future in running, I could earn a lot of money this week with my husky phone voice.

There are 18,500 running, I will probably come in 18,499th. Don't care how long it takes, not an issue, just want to make it round.:)

#19 ·
Hi Twinks,

I got round ok, fairly comfortable really, but very wet! especially at the start when the sea was coming over the road, then at 8 and a half to the finish was a complete blasting from wind and rain. I didn't see it as a race as I stayed with my running friend who was also feeling a bit rough, and worrying about getting round. She runs quite a bit slower than me, we agreed to stay together, so that's what we did. We finished hand in hand (no boys, we aren't like that!) over the line, same time exactly but 2 places apart? I suppose I didn't push myself at all, so I didn't 'suffer' either, the time was totally immaterial, but we did fine.

The atmosphere was fantastic, running round the historic ships was nice, the support along the way something you don't get at the usual races. I raised about £270 for Marie Curie, so I was pleased to finish. Basically even with the weather, I enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Thanks for asking.
How did everyone else get on?

BP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.