Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who eats 5 portions of fruit and veg a day?
I don't and not only do I like fruit and veg. but I grow plenty of it.:embarrassed:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know why but spuds don't count towards the five.
1 apple today and if I have pasta tonight you can see how this could be a difficult target to attain!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You can easily up you fruit/veg quota by adding veggies to curries, pasta sauces and stews. Are you having any tomato sauce with your pasta tonight or spag bog? If its spag bog try grating a carrott in to the meat sauce and you can also add spinach, greens, cabbage etc. Dried fruits also count so you can add portions of dry fruit to your cereals in your morning or try grating an apple of a pear over your cereal - bananas are another good one for this.

If you can't stand chewing fruit (some people don't like the texture) try making a fruit smoothie. They are surprisingly easy to make and you can use frozen fruit as well.

I also believe tomato sauce (as in pasta) also counts as one of your five a day.

·
Registered
813 Posts
When people talk of fruit and veg, I can't help thinking of Gillian Mckeith. I don't have 5 portions, but do eat fairly heathily. But, avoid the purple sprouting brocolli......bit wind issue.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Watch her programme all the time....makes me feel good!!
Always pop out to make a coffee when it comes to THAT PART of the show though!!!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve said:
Always pop out to make a coffee when it comes to THAT PART of the show though!!!!!

Coffee.....not the dreaded caffeine?................I normally have a glass of wine in my hand!

Please don't start a 'Poo' thread, ....................you wouldn't, would you???

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Grant said:
I'm going to count them anyway, as they are a vegtable! That takes me up to 4 on most days.

Does the salad on kebabs count????
Don't think so ;) but did you know 1/2 tin of baked beans equals 1 portion - please no mention of wind or p... :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steve said:
So who eats 5 portions of fruit and veg a day?
I don't and not only do I like fruit and veg. but I grow plenty of it.:embarrassed:

i do:) im vegan so its not hard for me...

i find that being vegan my improvement in sports is much faster than ages ago when i wasnt vegan. definetly something to do with the fruits...

i never eat pasta before running, only fruit, otherwise i get dizzy and give up after 10 minutes!

xxxx

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought some Tropicana fruit juice today and noticed on the carton that 150ml of pure fruit juice is the equivalent of 1 of your 5 daily portions!

That should make it a bit easier to achieve :d

1 - 19 of 19 Posts