Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

How's everyones fund raising going? Has anyone got any good fund raising suggestions??

I decided to make a website shaveorsave.co.uk to help me reach my target £1000. Visitors to the site can vote with there money as to whether I will be running with a shaved head or if I can keep my hair. At the moment, unsuprisingly it looks very much like I will be running with no hair! I've been receiving some donations through the site but will try to get a mention in the local paper to help boost visitor numbers to my site!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hi,

I'm doing FLM too and fundraising very slow so far.
Like you I have my own fundraising web address www.justgiving.com/srr and hope in time to raise £3k for arthritis care.

The trouble with fundraising is that one always asks the same people. who are also being asked to sponsor others too.

Anyway best of luck with your efforts and hope the training goes well.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Ideas how about

Quiz night, ask your local town to help, by asking for donations from local shops to use as prizes.

Guess the amount of sweets in a jar.

Asking the people at work to sponsor you, and tell them for every pound they donate they will be automatically entered in to a free prize draw, the only thing you need to do is send out begging letters to big companies and local ones asking for donations for a raffle, which I have done and had some good results.

It's hard work trying raise money, so if any of the above help fingers crossed. :d

1 - 3 of 3 Posts