Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally got time to go and get a gait analysis and have a pretty new pair of trainers (Saucony Progrid Trigon ones) to show for it.

Rather fancy technology they use, although a pity you have to repeatedly see your own backside on a treadmill :p

Apparently I spend an unusually long amount of time airborne - is this something I need to change? The guy explained that that meant more impact on my knees etc each time my foot meets the ground, but how much of an additional risk is it? I was right in my guess that I overpronate slightly and that was the reason my old trainers caused blisters on my right arch, but apparently it's more defined in my left leg...despite never having any issues with that foot!

So yes, I think I should go and break them in!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Nice one.

I see loads of runners in Paignton who seem to fly through the air like springboks. While I scrape my feet on the ground at times, especially if I am tired.

I hope the new trainers work for you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one.

I see loads of runners in Paignton who seem to fly through the air like springboks. While I scrape my feet on the ground at times, especially if I am tired.

I hope the new trainers work for you.
:lol: I can safely say no one has ever mentioned I appear to be a springbok before....

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
citing, love getting new runners, hope you like them :d

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Im looking at getting some new trainers later this week as well, but it might need to wait for a couple of weeks if I don't have time. I love getting new trainers and since I have demoted my first pair of running shoes to everyday walking shoes I need another pair so I can rotate them between runs.

Hope your new shoes prevent your blisters...

O.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I think your running style will naturally become more efficient as you run more often. Being airborne for extended periods will cause a little extra strain on muscles/joints, and probably slow you down a little too, but I shouldn't think it's anything major to worry about.

If it's something that's starting to play on your mind a lot while you're running, just think about concentrating on propelling yourself forward with your legs rather than upward... keeping your feet a little closer to the ground ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts