Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I see that Garmin sell the Heart rate monitor seperate.

Just wondering, if I purchased the garmin 405 ( the one without the heart rate monitor ) could I purchase the heart rate monitor stap thing at a later date and would it be compatible with the Garmin 405.

Or is it the case that a Garmin 405 wont work with a heart monitor strap and that the strap can only be used as a replacement for the Garmin 405 HR?

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If it's the same as the 205 / 305 then likely not; it's not just missing a HRM strap, but also the gubbins inside it. But it might be worth checking with Garmin, because I read somewhere that the 405 has the HRM strap as an accessory, which would imply that you could...

Sorry, that probably just confuses things more :s

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I don't have an answer either I'm afraid, though it may be worth me mentioning that with the Garmin Forerunner 305, there's no 'foot-pod', though this can be purchased at a later date and linked to the 305 (for treadmill running and locations with no/limited GPS signal).

I'm sure if you read through your 405 manual it would have some info on linking the unit to a HR chest strap - if it doesn't then I'd imagine it's unlikely to be possible. Alternatively, have a look through the settings on the unit ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've got a 405 without the HR, I'm sure you can just buy the strap later. I think you can even use the 305 HR strap. I'll double check

1 - 4 of 4 Posts