Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 789 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since my 305 has been dispatched and I will have it tomorrow I thought I would start a 305 club :)

Just add your name to the list and you can join :D

305 Club members list.
Owain.
LEECE (405)
Hrun.
JBBury.
Richardsimkiss.
Summer Rain.
Grant.
Singularity (405).
Platti.
Man Relaxed (Treasurer).
Beasty1711.
Ninemins.
Hot Foot.
Sweaty Betty.
Itokuzu.
beachrunner.
Badz.
Trin (mine hasn't got the HRM tho)
Demsie
Steady Edwina (405)
Midnight fox13
Katten (205)
Twinkle Toes
Dave (205)
fitbloke4run
technium
Lordy 99
MD
Steve
d87heaven (405)
Yedrzey
Plodder.
cack3tt (405)
onzarob (50)
delafuente
beybifeyz
Spikeygoodness
CannonballJones
Emlynfluff
Sjedwardz
Tagmnbagm
Sara T
Laurad

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
LEECE (what goodies do we get O.)

:p

A newsletter etc... 305 badge

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
We already have the Garmin 305 thread that I started :)

I want to be a member though. I'm not a member of any club, so this will make me feel wanted :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
awwwwwwwww JB

Owain are we going to have 305 coffee time discussions...... and function tests :lol:

And what can we improve on when using our 305

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'm in! Wooohooo! I wondered how long it was before someone started a club :lol:

So what software has everyone tried, and what to people find best?

I tend to use the standard training centre, but it doesn't seem to remember all my runs :( I've tried motionbased, but I just don't like it... anyone tried that sporttracks one or whatever it's called?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I wanted to like the Garmin Training Centre but found Sporttracks more... Dunno, just more.

Motionbased is due to become Garmin Connect which doesn't yet support the 305 and I have failed to register with motionbased. Didn't try to hard to be honest.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I use Garmin Training, worked ok for me so far... reminds me ill have to take some of my data off its stacking up eek

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I use the training centre and sporttracks. I like sporttracks for looking a various splits, but the Garmin software is better for monitoring blocks of running by week etc.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Count me in please!

I use Sporttracks and Motionbased for my geekery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And yes please, i'll have some of that. Got mine today, not used it yet, taking it out for a first date tomorrow afternoon. Which is the best software where I can upload my runs and leave them there not having to delete them at all - even when the watch is full ?

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im going to have a look at motion based just now and see what it likes so that I am ready for the arrival of my 305 tomorrow :d

O.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
To just keep data the software that comes with it is sufficient.

Any references to dates need to be posted in the date thread otherwise we will have to question your sanity :d

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The Garmin software won't give you splits for quarter miles, half miles, 2 miles, 5ks, 10ks etc. The most it will give you is splits based on the distances you set on laps. This is a major negative for the Garmin software. I also don't like graphs it gives you as much as sportstrack. But splits are important for training. So, I would suggest using multiple software platforms.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I want to be in the club too. But only if I can be treasurer and abscond to Barbados with the funds.

Sporttracks for me, too. But hardly a fair comparison, since I never bothered to install Garmin. But it is a very pretty looking program. Alright, not the most hardcore of reasons for choosing it...
I like the fact that as its freeware people write nifty little plug-ins that do neat things. Does the Garmin software have this facility? (In fact, why don't I just stop being idle and just install the damn thing and find out for myself...)
I like the elevation correction plug-in, and the weather data plug-in. And the pole-dancing club locator plug-in. Ok, I made that one up.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was going to add you to the list at the top but I have lost the ability to edit that post :(

The members list:
Owain.
LEECE.
Hrun.
JBBury.
Richardsimkiss.
Summer Rain.
Grant.
Singularity (405).
Platti.
Man Relaxed (Treasurer)

1 - 20 of 789 Posts