Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a question about good clothing to wear while running in the cold. I get very warm (apart from my hands) when I run and it makes it harder to run but the first couple of minutes I freeze in this weather.

At the moment I wear a proper running t-shirt and some 3/4 length pants.

Im looking for something that will keep me cool when heat up but keep me warm when I set off and it's freezing - any advice?

Lizzie

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why don't you just get some proper 'leggins' and long sleeved (snug) top?

I run before it's get light and it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. But i've never felt the cold and i've never once over-heated, and that's with woolly gloves and a beanie (all matching of course) :p

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Hi Lizzie,

I have the same problem as you and I wear similar kit to you, but I have an Elle Fitness thin cotton long sleeved zip-up trackie top that I wear over the top- zipped right up when I set off, the zip goes down by degrees as I heat up and it usually ends up tied round my waist. It's handy because you don't have to stop to take it off.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Yup, I just put up with the cold until I warm up. I even suffer cold fingers although I have gloves due to the hassle of carrying the gloves after a mile or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I have a question about good clothing to wear while running in the cold. I get very warm (apart from my hands) when I run and it makes it harder to run but the first couple of minutes I freeze in this weather.

At the moment I wear a proper running t-shirt and some 3/4 length pants.

Im looking for something that will keep me cool when heat up but keep me warm when I set off and it's freezing - any advice?

Lizzie
I have the same issue. I run in lightweight shorts, thin running tee and a running sweatshirt. Always cold as you should be before starting a run(if your not you will definitely over heat) in the cold I end up with hat n gloves and tee n shorts. You have to just remove layers as you get warmer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts