Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know anything about this until today, but you can order your name to be printed on your own vest.

You fill in the details online, then send in your vest and pick it up at the Expo.

You have to send it in by 7th April though

Details are here:

http://www.lmexpo.com/tams/event/visitor/vest/intro

I'm going to get my name printed on my RF vest :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You're going to be fit then Trin....good.

Not sure what top I'll be wearing yet...I'll wait to see what my arthritiscare top looks/feels/fits like.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve said:
You're going to be fit then Trin....good.

erm... well, not exactly. Still have the injury, going to see a consultant on March 14th to talk about the 'last resort'... surgery :(

But I had a ballot place last year, which I had to throw away.
This year I have a GFA place from a qualifying time achieved a year ago, before the injury. You can't defer GFA places and I can't throw a second FLM entry away...so I'll be there whatever :confused:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
erm... well, not exactly. Still have the injury, going to see a consultant on March 14th to talk about the 'last resort'... surgery :(

But I had a ballot place last year, which I had to throw away.
This year I have a GFA place from a qualifying time achieved a year ago, before the injury. You can't defer GFA places and I can't throw a second FLM entry away...so I'll be there whatever :confused:

Back to reconstruction then!!:d

Well, as you know, at least with FLM there's plenty of things to look at as you go round, loads of support and fun to be had people/runner watching!

What time do you think you could do if fit?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't know what to do about London...

I ran a 7.5 mile undulating race last Sunday in 55.34, which felt quite good and I seem to suffer less if I run faster.

But obviously I can't be running that pace in the marathon, especially as I haven't been able to train properly for a marathon.

So, do I go for a run/walk strategy as in the Miami marathon... or do I run as far as I can at a steady pace, see how my leg copes with it and deal with any problems if/when they happen.

Maybe I should just go out one Sunday just to see exactly how far I can run non stop first

:confused:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well I think going for a long non stop easy run would be a good idea at this stage...after all there's still 52 days left to race day. If that just causes pain then maybe it's the run walk approach Miami style again.

I'm supposed to be doing a 20m race Sunday but after my RTA Tuesday I'm not sure my back will cope so I might just do a long run at home without the "pressure" of the race.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably a wise decision Steve... hope it goes ok

I think I might try a long run, as you say there's plenty of time to recover if it causes problems.

It won't be this weekend though, Rich and I are doing the second race in the Somerset Series... a 7 mile MT race near Glastonbury.

We did the first race last Sunday... quite successfully too :) I guess we should post our results in the appropriate thread though...

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Did a very slow 19.5miler(ish)...SWMBO ran with me for about 9m and biked the rest... and felt ok so still on track for FLM but think I'll be closer to 4hrs this year.

Good race yesterday Trin?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts