Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only Wednesday and I've already made up my 35 miles for the week (my week starts on Sunday) :) It feels good! I checked my training centre, and noticed I've actually ran 50 miles in the last 7 days, which is way more than I've ever done. No wonder I feel shattered and can't run very fast. Anyway, the reason I've been running so much is I am going to visit a friend in Leeds this weekend and then straight on to London for a 2 day conference, so I'm not going to be able to run for 5 days. I didn't want my weekly average mileage to drop. Bit silly I know. Anyway, I think my body could do with the rest. Hopefully when I run again next week I'll feel great. Next weekend I plan to do an all out 10k time trial and try to get below 38 minutes. Can't have Richard racing too far ahead of me. If I do break 38 minutes and feel good I may turn it into a half marathon time trial. I'm not competitive. Really! ;)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's meant doing a lot more longer runs than I'm used to, but it's all good. Should help with my endurance.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
blimey... good mileage JBB! I had to bust a ball to break 50miles! lol.

If you manage a 10k in under 38mins and 'feel good' enough to carry on for a half marathon - you weren't running quick enough in the 10k :p

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
My milage has dropped off recently, I just can't get my arse out the door in the evenings to run in the dark unless its with the club, which is only 2 runs a week. Will need to try and get out at lunch times. That's really good milage JBB!

Have to agree with what RS said though, if you get under 38mins for the 10k and still have enough in you to go on to a 1/2 you should have ran faster for the 10k :)

Enjoy your rest!
O.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I went away for the weekend, then to london, so had 6 days of not running. I have eaten crap for 6 days and done no exercise. It was really messsing with my head. Got back at 11pm last night. Couldn't face a whole day at work without getting my running fix, so I got up at 7am and went for a 10 mile run :) It was cold, but sunny and dry with no wind. Really nice run, although I didn't feel as fresh as I thought I would. I guess even 6 days off can affect performance. Anyway, I didn't run a fast time or anything, but it was nice to get out. My legs are really feeling it now though. Haven't had sore legs from running for a long time, but I've never taken more than a 3 day break in the last 2 years. Hopefully this weekend I can do a good time trial if I feel up to it. Or I may just decide to do a really long run :) I must admit that the run this morning has totally cleared my head and made me feel very fresh, which is a good thing.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Good to get out in the fresh air isnt it :) 10 mile before work is good going, I guess you dont have far to go to get to work.
I would like to do a 10 mile run before work but just don't have the time in the morning....

O.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts