Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i want some advice. I haven't run or done any kind of exercise for over a week now, not out of choice, my 3 year old was taken into hospital with pneumonia, so iv been on children's ward for a while, but i was back home on fri. Im now recovered from lack of sleep and worry and want to get the umph back into it so any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
hi hayley,
welcome back and I hope the little one is on the mend:) I doubt a week out will have set you back that far. In fact, it's probably good to have a few days out every now and then. I read somewhere that you can still be 50% of your fitness after two weeks. Somebody else here will likely know:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hayley, just get back into your normal regime. You have very respectable times in your profile, and obviously have a good level of fitness, so you won't have lost much in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks shes doing great now, its taken it out of me but today im off and hope i run well, like you said a break may have done me the world of good. Laying on a hot beach all week would have been more relaxing though ha:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts