Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last I've done it, I jogged all the way to the bridge last night and beyond, almost managed a mile before my aching legs told me to stop. I felt brilliant and celebrated by walking back via the fields to look at the cute baby cows!

I did a similar run on Monday and felt like crap afterwards but last night I felt amazing and didnt ache at all, yay me!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well done, the good thing about walking back is that it also gives you a good warm-down. Sometimes I get back form a run and miss out the warm-down which is not good.

I remember running down my local footpath once which goes through a field full of cows. There is a hedge on one side and an electric fence (that keeps the cows off the path) on the the other so the path is about 10 feet wide. I could see up ahead that the cow's had all gathered together by the gate. Difficult to explain but basically, about 30 cows were completely blocking the path. I tried making a selection of coughing and clucking noises but apart from giving me dirty looks, they wouldn't budge so I had to go under the fence and around the cows. Made me laugh though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well done Liz, that's great! I hope your progress spreads to all those that share your name (i.e. me!!)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I managed the same again tonight with no aches or pains anywhere and managed to run a little way back too. I did about 2 miles in 30 minutes which is a PB for me!

What I find interesting is that I managed to jog for longer tonight despite not having eaten for 5 hours before!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont worry I wont go mad, I'm not going to try and increase the distance any further until I can jog my usual route a bit more easily. I always have a rest day after each session too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice one, Liz:) It's so easy to understand how some people give up straight away without a fight. You've stuck it out and good for you. I remember some of my early days were really hard too. Keep it up and keep building on it bit by bit:)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOOOO! at last tonight I broke the 1 mile barrier for the first time....and kept on going! lol I jogged non stop for 13 minutes and I think I did about 1.2 miles in one go. Feel great now :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Tremendous news well done :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! my left knee is aching today though so I think I may have over done it a bit? I had a similar thing with my left thigh last week but that cleared up after a couple of days, fingers crossed my knee does as well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts