Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.. im going to be joining my local running club next week, never joined anything like that before.. i run from about 3 - 5 miles quite easy.. we run xcountry or in local woods to me.. its hard going but i enjoy it.. im getting fitter i can feel that i am, but im worried that im going to tail behind everyone else.. i work out in the gym about 3 - 4 times a week to, i do alot of cardio to build my strength up, my legs are strong, but i dont want to embarasse myself.. my husband has run 2 marathans and runs with me, he is a very good teacher, but i tend, at times, not listen to him... im to busy trying not to collaspe into a big heap.. :embarrassed: i have the right trainers, i have road running trainers and others with slightly better grib for x-crountry.. i was tested on a running machine and i slightly prolaspe my feet so i have brilliant trainers.. no blisters and as yet no injuries.. i want to train harder and really enjoy it and perhaps one day compete.. (oh my gould) !!! do you think i will ok or will i make a complete idiot of myself.. :huh: :embarrassed:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Welcome to the forum Maria. It sounds like you've been doing all the right things and I'm sure you'll be fine at a club. Best of luck.

Have you competed in any races yet? What kind of distances do you do in training?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't worry about joining a club, most people have fears about not being able to keep up or being the slowest there, I'm pretty sure you won't be. Joining a club was the best thing I ever did, motivation, encouragement, advice and company - not forgetting social activities are all the positives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts