Runners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I normally run 4 miles in about 26-27 mins, not sure if this is any good, but anyway just wondering how I could get quicker. I am 6ft 1 and 12 stone, is weight a problem or is fitness the key? I really would like to get down to 11.5 stone, but I do a lot of cycling and so have relatively large thigh muscles - so that would obviously contribute to the weight. Any training tips/advice/criticisms gratefully received.

Cheers, Gavin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Hollywood - sorry hammerite and greg- no offence!

I am currently doing 4 mile runs around my local village - although its a bit of a crap route its very much downhill for the first 2 miles and then up hill for the last 2 miles and it hurts! Seems to be going ok, although I am going to look to do some 10km running, but I think I will have to work up to that! Can you guys suggest any methods of recovery, there are lots of sports drinks and fuel for before, during and after exercise but are any of them any good?

cheers Gavin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.