Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed 8.4 miles today, in line with my training schedule, and my legs feel like they've worked very, very hard!

Never dreamed I'd be able to do that sort of distance in one hour forty-two minutes. But I can! (Still had to do it in 20-22 minute runs with gaps, but it's still progress!)

I have no idea if that's a poor time or not, and to be honest I don't think I want to know because for me that's an achievement anyway...

Wasn't sure it was ever going to happen because trying to do my long runs on Sundays has proved impossible for the last three weeks. Hopefully by shifting it on a day to Mondays I'll be more successful! Even managed to change my yoga class to a Tuesday one, so it's all good. Here's to 9.5 next week!!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well done MF.
Don't worry yourself about the time or how you managed to get the mileage in...the thing is you did it so good on you!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It's fantastic to hear of people managing to run distances they never thought they'd be able to - it shows that with effort and determination, virtually anyone can do it (though not necessarily as quick as you MF!)

Well done, and I'm glad to hear you've taken the initiative to change your training schedule to something that suits you better!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
great going MF, you must be really chuffed with yourself :d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts