Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you might remember my post about calf pain....well the calfs felt betterafter a week of no running - so i go out running for a 5 mile run get back feeling great.. (this was the furtherest id run in my training)
but the next day i have a dull pain in my thigh when i put weight on it - i suspected to much to soon so ive been resting again - its now only two month until the greath north run
and i'm unable to run.....

im really worried i cant even manage a 5mile run without hurting myself how am i going to manage a half marathon two month time????

i had a three month training plan and for the first month ive done about a week and a half of running, i feel pathetic.

according to my bupa training plan i should now be running 4 miles twice a week with a 7mile distance run. i'm nowhere near able to do this....

my legs feels a bit better so i will starting to run again some time this weeek.
if anyone could give me some help with a new training plan i would be very greatful.

i dont want to fail at this....

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I would go and see a physio - it might be something simple they can sort out and the earlier you go the sooner you''ll recover. You probably have some muscle imbalances

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
dudemark said:
im really worried i cant even manage a 5mile run without hurting myself how am i going to manage a half marathon two month time????

i had a three month training plan and for the first month ive done about a week and a half of running, i feel pathetic.
I know this feeling too!!
I've got a 1/2m planned for 30/9 and before that an arduous 4.75m race on 9/9 and at the moment I can't see myself being fit enough to do either even if my injuries are resolved by then!

What's worse is that I keep thinking about how well things were going this time last year....:mad:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Don't be hard on yourself, if things aren't right don't try to force it, it will only make things worse. Hope all is well soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
keep your chin up dudemark, 2 months is still enough time to get in respectable shape. make sure you lightly stretch the muscles you are having problems with after each run as this should help, just don't force the stretch as this could make it worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts