Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
I was happy to find this forum today. I have read many posts and have found it encouraging. I am new to running... in the past my motto was that I only ran when chased. :rolleyes:

My husband is a runner and recently asked if I would join him in a 10K race this coming September. Needing to get in shape, I agreed and have begun a Learn to run 10K program. I'm into week 7. Last night I ran 5.3 K... was pretty happy about that... and even happier to stop running! :p

Looking forward to learning a lot...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

It's great if you can share something like running with your partner, for loads of reasons

Good luck

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF.

SOUNDS TO ME AS IF YOU ARE GOING WELL AT THE MOMENT AND HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE BUG...GOOD ON YOU!

Ooops...sorry for capitals..not shouting at you...just an incompetent typist!!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Lets wait and see what you think of running when you cross that finish line! In the mean time, grin and bear it - you'll get bitten by the bug soon enough ;)

Welcome to the forum ;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum as well, I keep trying to persuade my other half to come and join me. - hope it all goes well and you enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
You'd have thought so .................... no pleasing some women. :asleep:
Brave man.................:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
On the other hand tell her there are plenty of fit young ladies you run with....that'll do the trick...she'll be out with you and your abs before you can say "Up the City"!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to RF ITINR

Good for you, it may seem like a task now but like simkiss said, when you cross the finish line you will want to do it again and again and again.....

It's great that you have entered a race it really gives you something to aim for.

TT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, everyone! I am looking forward to crossing the finish line... and yes, twinkle toes, I can see looking for the next one and the next.

Who said I am over the hill. ha ha

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
thought I'd never run said:
Who said I am over the hill. ha ha
Well, you're bound to come to a hill sooner or later (!)

(Unless you're in Holland, I suppose:embarrassed: )

Keep up the good work.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts