Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what did people think of the race today? Its the second time I've done it- the first time was about 3 years ago - I enjoyed it so much more! Brilliant support with what seemed like lots of "unofficial" water stations set up by supporters! The weather was nice and cool with a bit of drizzle, and generally quite a scenic route so far as city half-marathons go. Did a reasonable time - not a pb but definitely going in right direction again which is a boost - I was beginning to think of hanging up my trainers! I'd reccomend it -good, relatively flat course :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
yep, definately a good race. thats the fifth time i've done it. the route and support is great - needs more bogs though!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well done Dan, almost a top 100 finish!
Feeling the need to blow my own trumpet! 1:41:53. I'm happy as a pig in shit. Whoever told me on here to have confidence in my training plan was spot on. 3months of hard work definitely paid off:d

flakey

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
flakey said:
Well done Dan, almost a top 100 finish!
Feeling the need to blow my own trumpet! 1:41:53. I'm happy as a pig in shit. Whoever told me on here to have confidence in my training plan was spot on. 3months of hard work definitely paid off:d

flakey
Impressive time for your first race flakey, I think I clocked 1:35 in my first half marathon and that was off the back of quite a few 10k's. Keep the training up and you should definately be looking at a sub 1:30 at some point in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts