Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new pair of gloves, has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.LewisKIT.com said:
We've just launched some gloves which have been getting great feedback - the Roubaix Grippy Gloves. You can find them at www.lewiskit.com under TechnicalKIT

Cheers
I like the look of those grippy gloves, I could use them when cycling as well... what exactly is Roubaix fabric? Is it breathable?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
dahill said:
I like the look of those grippy gloves, I could use them when cycling as well... what exactly is Roubaix fabric? Is it breathable?

Thanks

Dave
Hi - yes they're designed for spring/autumn cycling too - or good as liner gloves when it is baltic. We've designed them as multi-sport gloves (I hate that phrase but you know what I mean) and they are used by our Team LewisKIT who do mainly adventure races (like the Hebridean Challenge this year).

Roubaix is the fabric that thick winter cycling tights are made of - similar to Powerstretch - so very breathable and warm when wet (and they don't melt on a hot trangia pan!).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Trinity said:
I wear the usual fluorescent ones but those look good Dronach, is the pocket useful...does it close properly?
I like the look of those as well, does the pocket have a zip?

·
Registered
419 Posts
goldbeetle said:
Ron Hill do bright yelolow ones if your really not a shy person
I've got the yellow ones - they've very visible and very good as a running glove - providing enough warmth during the first couple of miles of a run while the blood is still only just starting to pump.

However, for cycling to/from a run they are nowhere near warm enough - definitely need some windproofing for that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trinity

It's like the regular fold-over topped pockets you get inside Tracksters, big enough for a key or a coin without needing to hold on. Secure so far.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have use red gloves, one squid off the local market, it keeps the guys in front interested when they look behind. Oh and my mate runs the XC in a Pink Hat cool or what..............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,
I've spent money on dedicated gloves before. Never again. A pair of old socks does the job for me. Inelegant yes, but I can live with that.

Best wishes,
Ash

1 - 18 of 18 Posts