My goals where to enter my 1st race this year. Which I can report that I've completed. I'm entered into the Trafford 10k, and hopefully the City of Manchester 10k.
Sad really that I've left it this long to enter, as I've been running for nearly two years.
Goals after that will be enter a few 10's then maybe a half marathon later in the year? Who knows.
- Get as close to 1:30 half marathon as I can - current 1:36:50
- Get as close to 20 minute 5km as I can - current 21:30
- Smile in races regularly
- Out-do No8 when it comes to forum posts ;-)
- run a race at every major distance (5k, 10k, 10 miles, half mara, mara) - looking good
- go sub-4 at flm - looking at bit dodgy at the mo but I'll know more after this week-end
- go sub 1:45 at half-mara (looks good, looking for a flat one in the autumn)
- go sub-49 at 10k (hopefully Dorney 10k on 1 July)
I was doing about 35 miles a week for the sub-60 ten mile. I was doing at least two speed sessions a week which occassionally included hills. I think I picked up the speed from just racing regularly. I really had to work hard during the race but it was worth it. What kind of 10k times are you doing? Thats a good indicator of how close you are.
Errr Dan, I haven't raced a 10k yet :embarrassed: Started racing 10 milers and half maras and stuck with the longer distance, got my first 10k next month. I've done a 10 mile split of 1:03 in my half mara PB recently, just need to keep the intervals and tempo runs up to chip away at that.
Your well on the way with a 63 minute split. I ran a 63 minute 10 miler on a tough course about 3 months before breaking 60 minutes. Keep training and you'll get there. You can knock large chunks off PB's on the longer distances.
What's your target time for your first 10k? You should put in a good time on that form.
Trin, wasn't the one that was borderline last year because of support?
Dan - 10k ..... thirtysomething, but don't know how much under 40 yet. I've got a fast half on 2nd April, then a fast 10m 14th April, taking me down to a 10k on 30th April. Mileage and track work has been a bit hit and miss due to a niggling ITB injury.