Runners Forum banner

Goal for 2006?

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  steepler 
#1 ·
What are your goals for 2006?
I want to break 2.50 at the Marine Corp Marathon in October.
Other than that I want to get to the fitness level where people think I look ill!:p

#2 ·
goals for 2006

My goals where to enter my 1st race this year. Which I can report that I've completed. I'm entered into the Trafford 10k, and hopefully the City of Manchester 10k.
Sad really that I've left it this long to enter, as I've been running for nearly two years.
Goals after that will be enter a few 10's then maybe a half marathon :eek: later in the year? Who knows. ;)

#5 ·
- Completing a marathon (entered White Peak in May)

- All race distances upto half marathon quicker than 7m 30 pace (I really only have half marathon distance left to complete this).

- Keeping injuries at bay (just recovering from my first and hopefully last of 2006, touch wood)

- Increase my weekly mileage to at least 40 mpw regularly.

#7 ·
My 2006 goals are:

Marathon PB (currently 3.40)
Sub 5.30 for Dartmoor Discovery 32 mile
Sub 10 hours for Kent 50 Challenge (52.4 mile)
Complete London to Brighton

I'd also like to shave a little off my half marathon PB (currently 1.37)

#8 ·
No.8 said:
I would like to break the sub hour 10 miler .....
I would like to break the sub 10 hour miler...

OK, seriously...
- run a race at every major distance (5k, 10k, 10 miles, half mara, mara) - looking good
- go sub-4 at flm - looking at bit dodgy at the mo but I'll know more after this week-end
- go sub 1:45 at half-mara (looks good, looking for a flat one in the autumn)
- go sub-49 at 10k (hopefully Dorney 10k on 1 July)

#16 ·
Trin, wasn't the one that was borderline last year because of support?

Dan - 10k ..... thirtysomething, but don't know how much under 40 yet. I've got a fast half on 2nd April, then a fast 10m 14th April, taking me down to a 10k on 30th April. Mileage and track work has been a bit hit and miss due to a niggling ITB injury.

#17 ·
No.8 said:
Trin, wasn't the one that was borderline last year because of support?

Yes, it was...but they'd said similar things on previous years, so I was hoping that the race would still go ahead.

It's left me in a bit of a fix too, coz it was a major stage in my prep for Comrades 2007. I've even toyed with working out the route and running it anyway...but that's probably not the best idea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.