Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 days off, so we'll see how the ankle is. Feels ok the day not sore but still not right.
Will report back.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do going to run 4.5K and see how it is. If I have to stop well I have to stop and walk home.

I'm really hoping everthing is ok.
Been doing my stretches the now and I can still feel this pulling sensation on the outside of my ankle?Mmm

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Take it easy then and don't worry about any stops or walks. Don't push at all...get fit first.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm back and am really upset, only managed 200yards or so then it got sore, not sore enough to stop, but I did stop turned aroung and walked back home!

I can shake this injury it will not go away, I'm so fed up with it.

I've only gone and booked a flaming place in the bloody marathon and I cant even get out running!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*goes off to calm down and to get a hanky*

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Damn and blast and buggar!!

Ok then having said that make sure you ice the offending area and then try stretching/massaging it. Time off running may need to be extended and it may be necessary to see a fizz.

When is the marathon?

Sorry it went badly tonight...chin up though it will get better and you will be pounding the streets again soon.
Hugs.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I know what it's like - but the odds are you'll come back from it.

Part of being a runner is developing the right attitude when you can't run, because injuries do seem to come and you just have to rest to get it sorted.

Best of luck

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn and blast and buggar!!

Ok then having said that make sure you ice the offending area and then try stretching/massaging it. Time off running may need to be extended and it may be necessary to see a fizz.

When is the marathon?

Sorry it went badly tonight...chin up though it will get better and you will be pounding the streets again soon.
Hugs.
Marathon is end of may, and I was thinking about phoning the fizz tomorrow. Great minds think alike:d

It's kack when all you want to do is go for a run, and it's should be easy. I just got my hopes up too soon.

Thanks everyone for the pep talk.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Loads of time. Might be worth a good break. I lost 3 weeks with my heel and ran a 1/2 yesterday having only been back running a few weeks.

Better to sort it now.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Loads of time. Might be worth a good break. I lost 3 weeks with my heel and ran a 1/2 yesterday having only been back running a few weeks.

Better to sort it now.
Quite right! better to take longer off now and make sure it's healed. Try some low impact stuff if you feel you need the exercise. The cross trainer is good for that or may be swimming

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quite right! better to take longer off now and make sure it's healed. Try some low impact stuff if you feel you need the exercise. The cross trainer is good for that or may be swimming
I've marked off all of next week so I'll not be running. I'll just have to go out on my bike to keep fitness levels up. Phone for an appointment with the fizz and see waht she says.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Being out on the pushbike will do your ankle some good just it easy as everyone has said rushing will only make it worse and see you out of action for even longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts