Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As predicted on here and on BikeRadar, my cycling does seem to be going a bit better and my motivation to train has returned.

Bad news is that I have had a throaty head cold for over a week now :'( and despite it being almost gone, there is still a bit of a cough.

I have done some gentle cycling and coped ok, but as a newbie to running would it be folly to train tonight?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It depends on how far you plan on running. Short distance would be recommended if any. Make it a nice easy local route in case you have to drop to a walk (which you should definitely do if you find breathing a problem).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As i am that new to it most of my running is done 'easy' I suppose as I am finding my limits.

I will have a crack and as you say revert to running if it proves too tough.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its always a tricky one to know whether to run when ill. You have to know your own body and make the decision. Sometimes I'll be getting over a cold and I go out and it makes me feel a lot better or a lot worse. I imagine a lot of people don't do any exercise when they are feeling ill but I tend to wait until I'm feeling a bit better and the go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts