Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that 'Brookes Adrenaline' are a good running shoe for heavier runners like myself.
I have also read that 'Brookes Adrenaline' are quite low on cushioning. :confused:

Can someone explain....?

I am a heavier runner (14st. 10oz) looking for a good marathon shoe. After trying Nike Structure Triax 10's - which I am now told are not stable enough for me - I tried Saucony's Omni 6 - Not enough cushioning, making my heels very painful, so I drove to my nearest Sweat Shop for advice. Asics Kayano 14 - Great, finally sorted.
After a couple of runs on a treadmill, I tried them out on a slowish 10 miler. Result....Shin splints, told by a physio to try different trainers.:mad:
Apart from costing money and becoming quite p'ed off with pain in feet and legs, I am running (no pun....) out of time to get my trainers ready for London.:(

Can any of you offer advice ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Guessing you had gait analysis when you bought these shoes? Who was it told you that the Structure Triax was not stable enough? If you need something more stable, you'll be heading towards motion control shoe but you need to make sure that these are suitable for you.
Various motion control shoes include:
Brooks Beast
Saucony Grid Stabil
Nike Equalon (lower end of MC)
Asics Foundation

Not a comprehensive list, just the ones I've seen on gait analysis that seem to work well!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts