Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'll second that. Feeling very jealous though - I'd love to be running this weekend.

Does anyone know when you can submit an entry for next year?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jealous as well! I "think" I'm up to my lucky 5th app next year, so should get in regardless... In theory...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Indeed good luck to them all - I'll be sitting watchin it all on the TV :d

This thread could quite easily turn into FLM 2009 Wannabe's... since I'll hopefully be submitting an application too! :d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm on for a PB (providing I finish) - 2008 1st timer :d

2009 entries open around lunchtime on the Sunday I think - online entires anyway.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm looking forward to a PB on Sunday too as another 1st timer!

The marathon entries are just online next year so sign up as quick as you can...

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Good luck to all of the Forum members who'll be out there on the streets of London on Sunday. Er, runners rather than spectators.
Just bear in mind that because of all the hard work and sacrifice you've had to endure in preparation for this day; you deserve a great result.
Maybe you could spare a microscopic thought for the rest of us sat at home who'll have to suffer the usual apalling TV coverage!
(I predict ample exposure to both the elite/leading groups; and to the fancy dressers who are always good for an interview.... Nothing at all of the legion runners who prepare just as diligently as the elite, as well as hold down full-time jobs... ). I'd better sto there before I launch into a full-on rant...........:embarrassed:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR MARATHONERS!:d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The weather report is not good :confused:

If correct then it's just about the worst conditions for me...

but hey, the weather forecasts have been wrong before :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Katten said:
Jealous as well! I "think" I'm up to my lucky 5th app next year, so should get in regardless... In theory...

I'm not jealous, it's far too far for my middle aged frame. In the words of a sitcom character whose name I forget,
"I'll 'ave 'alf"

Anyway, I have every respect for those of you who do them. Best of luck for Sunday.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I picked up my number last night and they had the BBC coverage music playing, that got the goose bumps up for Sunday that's for sure!!!

Trinity, it's looking like a trendy bin bag look for the start if the forecast is right :(

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
LazyJones said:
I picked up my number last night and they had the BBC coverage music playing, that got the goose bumps up for Sunday that's for sure!!!

Trinity, it's looking like a trendy bin bag look for the start if the forecast is right :(

Oh no... not for me. I have a far more trendy disposable rain mac that I got in a goody bag somewhere...

You have to look your best on the green start y'know, wiv all those celebs around ;)

:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Just had to add my best wishes to you all for Sunday.

I never thought the day would come when I wished I was out there with you,even though I`m plainly not fit enough at the moment to run 26 miles.

Heres to next year.......

Trinity.

Fair to say that the weather forecast is what most people wanted after last year.

You`re one of the few who loves to run in the heat I think..................:d

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ohhhh look at you!!

Us Red starters have to make sure we empty the bin bags before we wear them! ;)

It tough for the riff-raff......

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
LazyJones said:
Ohhhh look at you!!

Us Red starters have to make sure we empty the bin bags before we wear them! ;)

It tough for the riff-raff......

ROFLMAO!! :d

got an image of you with a black bin bag on and bits of banana skin/potato peelings hanging off it...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Dave said:
Just had to add my best wishes to you all for Sunday.

I never thought the day would come when I wished I was out there with you,even though I`m plainly not fit enough at the moment to run 26 miles at the moment.

Heres to next year.......

Trinity.

Fair to say that the weather forecast is what most people wanted after last year.

You`re one of the few who loves to run in the heat I think..................:d
I know... I can't have it my way every year I guess :cool:

Maybe it'll help me to keep running if it's wet, rather than stop to catch some rays like I did last year...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I will be there in spirit with a big ol' fluorescent banner that says "YOU CAN DO IT!!" :d Have a good one and I am mightily in all your awe! GO FOR IT! :d:d:d:d

1 - 20 of 26 Posts