Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to this podcast and it said there is a really good book called "Running and being".

Or is it better to just run and not read

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I have a book by Bob Glover, very good at explaining the diffent types of running, provides schedules from 5k right through to Marathons, plus lots of other information also very interesting read, the guy has done hundreds of marathons. :eek:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
twinkle toes said:
I have a book by Bob Glover, very good at explaining the diffent types of running, provides schedules from 5k right through to Marathons:
I assume you mean 'The New Complete Runner's Handbook' - a wonderful book, the one I used for self-coaching at the outset of my running career - and I don't think I could have achieved all I have without it. Every runner should have a copy.
Next best, for me, was 'Daniel's Running Formula' which helped me to train sensibly at the right intensity. His training schedules are based on your last race performance and, on paper, look remarkably easy - so you don't over-cook things or injure yourself.
Cheers!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Runningfox said:
I assume you mean 'The New Complete Runner's Handbook' - a wonderful book, the one I used for self-coaching at the outset of my running career - and I don't think I could have achieved all I have without it. Every runner should have a copy.
Next best, for me, was 'Daniel's Running Formula' which helped me to train sensibly at the right intensity. His training schedules are based on your last race performance and, on paper, look remarkably easy - so you don't over-cook things or injure yourself.
Cheers!
Thanks Foxy couldn't remember the title, am always thumbing through it.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts