Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Just a wee post to see if any of the Scottish runners can give me any good places to go running. I'm quite fed up with my local area now. Any suggestions welcome! :d

Shelby

·
Registered
143 Posts
Shelby

I just run locally, mostly on country roads. However I can recommend Chatelherault Country Park, between Larkhall and Hamilton. Also Strathclyde Park.

If you stay in South Lanarkshire, it should be quite easy to get away from the traffic and into the fresh air

Flakey

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye thats what iv been doing too but kinda needing somethin different the now cos im gettin a bit fed up of same old routes. i go around strathclyde park quite a lot but its one i actually enjoy cos im now managing to tackle the hills! Iv thought of Chatelherault before but im quite scared of gettin REALLY lost. Is there a path to follow? sign posts etc? is it muddy?!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Good suggestions from Flakey - I run in both Chatleherault and Strathclyde Park.

If you're running in Chatleherault, it might be a good idea to go with someone who knows their way about for the first few times.

There are signposts in the park and a map outside the Garden Centre at Chatleherault.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ye im defo gna try it, was gna go yesterday but there was a carshow on or somethin and it would hav been to busy!

I will b goin on my own (not an ideal idea) cos i hav no runnin friends :(

Grant i hope ur not one of these guys who go whizzing by me round strathyclyde park and make me feel ever so slow!!

Shelby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts