Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
+ any ideas for a good power song also?

Ive been listening to mainly dance music, like basement jaxx, Prodigy and Pendulum.

I like most types of music, any ideas would be great

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anything from the Rocky Story, Faithless - Insomnia, Prodigy - No good (start the dance), t.A.T.u - Ya soshla s uma, Rammstein & t.A.T.u - Moskau are a few motivational favourites and by far the best track:

Sash! - Ecuador

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love the Chilis but there is no way I could run to them. I think I'd start hating them and associating them with pain!! Definately going to try Faithless though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My trance nation anthems works wonders. Has the best uplifting trance tunes, i.e cafe del mar, binary finary (1999), atb, storm (time to burn).

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am really disappointed that nobody has entered any 'uncool' tunes yet. Are you all telling the truth? Anybody listen to Billy Idol, Rainbow, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf. I haven't heard of many of the groups mentioned.....beginning to think that I am an old 'fuddy duddy' before my time? Please somebody own up to running to Abba!!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Bagpuss said:
I am really disappointed that nobody has entered any 'uncool' tunes yet. Are you all telling the truth? Anybody listen to Billy Idol, Rainbow, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf. I haven't heard of many of the groups mentioned.....beginning to think that I am an old 'fuddy duddy' before my time? Please somebody own up to running to Abba!!!
Can't own up to 'ABBA' however, some Meatloaf 'Bat out of hell' and I'm almost too ashamed to type it ......... Falco :eek: have appeared on my MP3 (feels better now I shared it!!)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Great......thats more like it....Rock me Amadeus? I don't do Gary Glitter (so to speak) or Village People, but I have got some 'old' get up and go classics, they fill the dancefloor, so someone must like them. The Rasmus is good to run to....anything that inspires you to run faster or in my case just to keep going shouldn't be knocked!

Any others? come on folks, don't be shy.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Great......thats more like it....Rock me Amadeus? I don't do Gary Glitter (so to speak) or Village People, but I have got some 'old' get up and go classics, they fill the dancefloor, so someone must like them. The Rasmus is good to run to....anything that inspires you to run faster or in my case just to keep going shouldn't be knocked!

Any others? come on folks, don't be shy.
Glad to hear about Gary Glitter :embarrassed: as I have already embarrased myself with Falco, the song that might well finish this thread is Love Missile F1-11 - anyone care to own up knowing the artist (and I use the term loosely)

·
Registered
151 Posts
ok, Deep Purple, Wolfmother, Depeche Mode, Magic Numbers, Joy Division, Hed Kandi, Kasabian, Jethro Tull. I am proud of my diverse likes in popular music, even though some of them were more popular in the 70's and 80's.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Falco was a bit nutty, wasn't he?....or just different in an eccentric way! 1986, I was working evenings in a pub, that was on the jukebox...how sad is that remembering that!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Falco was definately wacked !!, can't remember any other song he did other than 'Rock me Amadeus'

Still, made Spudnik look quite sane !!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Lyn, Rainbow are not uncool, Richie rocks (or at least did until he went mediaeval) :d

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Don,

Think I finished my 10k to Rainbow 'All night Long' certainly inspired me.
Need to upgrade our computer asap. I have a slightly better MP3, but need to ditch my Windows'98 before I can use it. I listen to a real mixture of stuff, if anyone heard it, it would certainly leave them 'guessing'.

Lyn

1 - 20 of 29 Posts