Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm trying to get hold of a treadmill for my wife, we're aiming at spending about £250 and really want an electric one not a manual.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as there seems to be thousands of people selling loads of different models and no way of knowing which to buy from whom.

Strangely, even though most of the selling sites have a user reviews feature, no one seems to use it to say if they liked the product they bought.

Cheers
AsciiSmoke

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Howdy, I doubt I can answer your initial question but with regards to the customer reviews, they don't exist simply because people don't feel the need to tell people about it... If you read user reviews for anything, games, holidays, cars or whatever they tend to fall into two categories, either those dissappointed with the product/service, or those who's expectations of the product were highly exceeded. No reviews shouldn't be seen as a negative thing. Imagine if you bought a treadmill, and it does exactly what you expect of it, nothing more, nothing less, would you search the internet for places to write about your treadmill 'that does what it's supposed to?'

There's little finesse in treadmills, and not much room for exceeding customer expectations... if a treadmill has a feature, it will be marketed and priced accordingly! Personally my advice would be to look into the specification of the treadmill and what features it has, and assume it'll work as it's supposed to. If there's any out there that offer a warranty then even better!!

I was in a shop called Decathalon at Merry Hill Shopping Centre in (or near) Dudley (West Mids), which is a fantastic sports megastore, kind of like JJB, but without the vast expanse of Chav clothing - everything is pure sports. I noticed they had a variety of treadmills, all of which came with a warranty....

I'm feeling so generous I thought I'd find their site for you, heheh.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/tread-mill-4183830/

Hope that helps!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard,

I guess being a techie I'm used to shopping on computer hardware sites where users often come back to rate the item they bought.

Thanks for supplying the link. I'll have a look now.

For any other recommendations of on the street stores we live in the south-east (around 30-40 mins west of London)

AsciiSmoke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts