Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the darker mornings were not a sign, then the temperature this morning was... Summer is retreating from the approaching autumn faster than a French soldier... Better start brushing off the old hat and gloves....

Apologies to the Scottish viewers out there who are correct in that the Southern pansies here in the South East would not know a cold winter if it frost bites us...

:p

·
Registered
353 Posts
I love this time of year. Autumn is my favourite season. Its gorgeous here, quite frosty but gloriously sunny. Perfect for running IMO.

Must admit I have put my heating on for the first time.

Aren't we suppose to be having an Indian summer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We didn't even get a Summer up here!! I spent half my Summer in Aberdeen and half in Glasgow, was a miserable state of affairs.

Looks like it's gonna be constant rain now until about March. Oh the joys...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
We didn't even get a Summer up here!! I spent half my Summer in Aberdeen and half in Glasgow, was a miserable state of affairs.

Looks like it's gonna be constant rain now until about March. Oh the joys...
hopefully some snow aswell

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love winter running!!! and I can't wait for the cold frosty mornings to get out there, wore long tights for my run yesterday for the first time this year (but regretted it half way through as it wasn't quite that cold yet)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
it was the sunniest and warmest day for yonks yesterday. Took 2 of my clients walking around the local park it was a shorts and tshirt day. back in the park today for a balloon and kite event and so far it's beautiful outside:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
We had a great day here on the east coast yesterday...so good in fact I spent the day at the beach hut.

Yesterday was our summer!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I find the darkening nights depressing.

I've not been formally diagnosed with SAD, but I believe I do suffer from it - the shortening days just make me want to hibernate :(

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Apart from a couple of weeks of half-decent weather in May, we didn't get much of a summer.

I love trail running at this time of year, but I've got to admit Spring is my favourite time of year.

The NFL season has started so that should keep me entertained over the dark nights of winter.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
back in the park today for a balloon and kite event and so far it's beautiful outside:d
Never understood this concept. Kites need wind, balloons prefer not to have any. :)
What sort of kites do you have attending? Just single lines sorts or real kites which pull you along in a 3 wheel buggy or on a large skateboard.....

I really enjoyed running last night in the cooler weather, fair enough we didnt really have a true hot spell this year but I do miss the lighter nights.

Fingers crossed for some amazing snow this winter.

O.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I love winter time, bring on the snow. I was gutted this winter past that we had so little in the way of real snow. I love running in the autumn and winter times though running in the snow and ice can be a challenge.

We souldn't really complain about the weather in this country the warm gulf stream keps us much warmer than we are entitled to be. If you really don't like the weather, move.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can't be depressed this time of year..........SANTA IS COMING :d:d:d

·
Registered
353 Posts
My team is the Denver Broncos - its only a fortnight into the season, but they're off to a strong start so far.
I had never watched NFL until I went on hols to the Dom Rep January last year. There was a pub type of place in the hotel complex and we walked in during the semi finals. Wow is all I can say, the atmosphere was fantastic and all the yanks there on vacation were explaining the rule to me. Still don't get it to this day but totally entertaining to watch. Hubby wants to go back in time for the Superbowl next February :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts