Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you want to find in yours at the end of a race? A medal? A t-shirt? Something specific relating to the race? Nothing and a cheaper entry fee?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Best goody bag I've had was the Reading Half Marathon - medal, sports drink, honey, energy bar, lip balm, etc. Worst was just a tea shirt - albeit an extra large one (I think it was a standard men's). I'm only small and it went down past my knees!

I'm not so bothered about the goody bag really - it's all about the medal!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with Dan on this but not Cheryl. Medals just get thrown in the cupboard. Might be different if I ever won anything....fat chance. I think medals lose their appeal once you've done a few races.

St Peter's Brewery 20k, the Great East Run at Bungay in Feb, gives all finishers a bottle of beer....Dave are you reading this!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Food, food and more food - The Bristol Half goodie bag was shocking, a load of flyers and a small bottle of concentrated stuff (which I did not really know was concentrated at the time) and when I necked it, almost killed me.

What I was really hoping for was a KFC (Zinger special) !!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I like a t-shirt as well but as long as it's decent quality. Some t-shirts are so cheaply made they're unwearable. The blaydon race up here in Newcastle always has an excellent t-shirt at the end.

I also got a boot bag at the end of a race recently which was useful. In the past I've also received a flask... and a towel!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I like races that give you a good race course and support.
Surely people are still not running to get a medal at the end?
You pay for all the stuff in your race entry anyway!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone organised a race and if so can they give a breakdown of costs...ie goody bag bits and bobs, insurance, policing, trophies, spot prizes, hall hire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
good goody bag

I'm with the no-medal camp. They just become something else that you don't know where to 'tidy' away. If I was to get one for coming first.... well that would be different. My definition of a good bag is a decent running vest and choccie!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never had a vest in a goody bag....that would be good!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would like to see a chocolate medal:)

seriously, I'm with steepler; good course, organisation and support is what I look for in a race.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A pack of them special plasters for blisters.

A pair of socks.

A drink.

Something to eat, Like one of them aeroplane dinners in a tray, I know that sounds stupid. But I would like one anyway.

Disposable camera. To take snaps after the race.

A lottery ticket.

A book about running.

Free newspaper/magazine.

Not all of them, or the race fee would be getting on 50 quid.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts