Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share a bit of my chuffedness with you guys :d

Did a five mile club race last night in 51 minutes something (time to be confirmed) and I am SO pleased and amazed and I didnt come last!

Only two months ago I did 12+ minute miles for my first 10k and for this race I have managed 10-and-a-bit minute miles. :d Can't stop grinning.

Have learnt a few things too - like, it would be a good idea to take a change of clothes for afterwards when you have run 5 miles in torrential rain :eek: and shorts would have been a bit less weighty than my cutesy capri trousers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Runningfox said:
Well done, GoSlow. I knew you could do it. Must be nearly time to change your name! Glad we talked you into doing that King's Lynn race.
Cheers!
I have to say I think it was you lot on here (especially you RF!) that gave me the nerve to enter the GEAR and join a running club, and fuelled my ever growing running addiction :d

Not sure about the name change - erm, "GoAtAModeratePace" not having quite the same ring. Answers on a postcard please.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
GoSlow said:
I have to say I think it was you lot on here (especially you RF!) that gave me the nerve to enter the GEAR and join a running club, and fuelled my ever growing running addiction :d Not sure about the name change - erm, "GoAtAModeratePace" not having quite the same ring. Answers on a postcard please.
I'd suggest 'First GEAR' - because that was your first race. Then again, it doesn't sound fast enough.
Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts