Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for what was supposed to be a 1 hour run the day before yesterday and decided to try a new route. Unfortunately I got a little lost and the run ended up being 1 hour 45 mins and to top it all the sun came out so it was really hot and then I ran out of water!
I tried to walk some of the worst hills after the 1 hour mark but decided to run the flat parts.

I've never run more than 1 hour 15 before and all day yesterday and this morning I have felt sick and have a bit of a headache.

Do you think this is due to over doing it? If so should I rest until I feel completely better before running again or do you think it's just a coincidence and I just have a bug?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Might be a touch of sunstroke if it was really hot?

I had a similar experience last week where the track I was supposed to be running down was choked with six foot high nettles etc to start, and then non existant...had to run back up a 'strictly private' drive before retracing my steps which was a nightmare. I have learnt not to believe that all the 'roads' on mapmyrun are actually roads! That run more annoyed me than made me feel rubbish, but the next one afterwards was so hot and humid I did really badly and then felt all headachey - I put it down to the lack of hedges and full sun.

My advice would be take it easy til you feel better and drink lots of water!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I think it's probably a mild case of heat stroke and dehydration. I would rest up and drink plenty of fluids.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I agree with the others, maybe a map reading course should be on the cards for one or two of our members!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I used the Return to start function on the Garmin 305 today. Didn't really need it but wanted to know how it worked ready for Cardiff next week.

It was quite effective, even telling me when to turn.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I missed a turn in an estate in Cardiff. By the time I realized I was lost. It all looked the same and I added 1.5 miles by the time I got back to the hotel.

It is easy in an unfamiliar area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts