Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ya.. can anyone give me some advice on achillies... i have two very painful ones... i have been road running and x-country having got the right trainers... they are very tight when i start running but then loosen off, i have some physio and even tried the insteps in my trainers to pull my feet straight... im having a nightmare.. im a little tender today as i went running last night... any ideas what i should do, or could do to help.. thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
after every run apply ice to prevent swelling, and use friction massage firmly across the tendons. do this regularly to prevent tissue build up, the physio should have done this for you.. good exercises to do are with your heels over the edge of a step, do up on your toes and also if it is not painful lower yourself. physio may be useful for ultrasound treatment whilch does work. you should also try to keep to soft surfaces as much as possible. you may need to stop for a while if the tenderness is increasing.
although tender the tendons will stop hurting after the initial friction rub as you will then have loosened the scar tissue. don't stop if it hurts initially as it should soon ease off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts