Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my club vest tonight - very exciting! Feel like a *proper* runner now!! Hopefully it will help me go loads faster...:d

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thats great i didnt know you got a vest when your'e in a running club, I'm still running on my own at the mo havent plucked up the courage to join a group or club yet.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes you get a vest/t-shirt usually as part of your joining fee, which you are expected to wear at races. Being a memeber of an affiliated club also means you get cheaper entry into races as well as the obvious social benefits.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stotty said:
Thats great i didnt know you got a vest when your'e in a running club, I'm still running on my own at the mo havent plucked up the courage to join a group or club yet.
You should join one Stotty!

I was terrified before the first time I went...but been about six or seven times now and although I still feel nervous before I go, I love it! And I can talk to people about running without their eyes glazing over like all my other friends/family!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
GoSlow said:
I can talk to people about running without their eyes glazing over like all my other friends/family!
I`m glad it`s not only me GS......................:d

·
Registered
180 Posts
Some of my family think i'm taking running a bit too seriously i only started training to do the race for life which ive wanted to do for a couple of years now and i have become addicted. My partner and children are really supportive though thank goodness, my son always asked my time when i get back in from a run.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Stotty said:
Some of my family think i'm taking running a bit too seriously i only started training to do the race for life which ive wanted to do for a couple of years now and i have become addicted. My partner and children are really supportive though thank goodness, my son always asked my time when i get back in from a run.
You certainly can become addicted.....we had a chap join our club about a year ago with no running experience and he's now racing on a regular basis, sometimes twice a week, and improving his times no end.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Think i might take the plunge now hearing this, i have a running club near me think its 'great bentley', its just taking that first step though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts