·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so,how did you get on ?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I did, Slight quicker than last year (PB :p ) but not as quick as Bath - 2:12 (my watch anyway) - but I was really please that I had no shin pain what so ever on the way around and really just enjoyed the race. :d

The geezer that won did just ove 60 minutes - Now I've got my high heels, that's the target for me for next year !!

EDIT: 2:11 - just checked my official chip time, every little helps so Tesco keep telling me !! :d ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well done Granty!!

My ex H ran it, said the course was better than the previous year, but they only had the lady t shirts available... go just nice with your high heels :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice run Granty.

Did I miss something or did you keep that entry close to your chest.......

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Kept reasonably close as I was quite unsure until the day if I was actually going to run it or not as I really felt under prepared for the race, but then thought sod it, go for it ! :d

Liked the course as they had a load of complaints last year but the thing that got me was the goody bag ......................................... a tin of Soup ! and that was it, lucky for me I had 1/2 pound of 'pick me up' jelly babies in my bag.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great Result Granty, hope you got a medal as well or you will have to fashion your soup into some sort of trophy :p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Thanks to everyone, the soup was Chicken and Veg, I actually picked up a few and took them home as most people chucked then on the floor after finding out there was no Mars bar/ drink/ anything else in the bag.,

Had a tin last night, very pleasant, not as nice as a dunked marsbar in a hot cuppa tho'

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Well done Granty - glad your shins didn't slow you down. I think soup is an excellent idea in a goody bag. I'm thinking of entering the Blackpool Half

1 - 13 of 13 Posts