Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am coming over to Ireland for a few days in mid-April 2010, the centerpiece of which will be a couple of days in Dublin so I can run in the Great Ireland Run in Phoenix Park on Sunday 18th April. Can anyone give me any info on this event, such as views of the 2009 event? Any info will be gratefully received and much appreciated. Many Thanks.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I looked into this ages ago and thought about a trip to dublin to run this but never did anything about it as there was a half marathon i had in sight instead. Good luck to those runing it bet it good race i have never been to ireland.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I ran this last year. It was my first ever race. Its as big as they come for a 10k. I think 11,000 ran it last year.
Standard route in the phoenix park. Up the chesterfield avenue and the only major incline i think was the military road. Very professional organisation but a bit steep at 30 euros. In saying that ill be doing it again and hoping to have another bash at sub 40:)
http://www.runnersforum.co.uk/race-reports/7534-race-report-10k-great-ireland-run.html
Heres a link for my report from last years race, i was only running 3 or 4 weeks.
MapMyRun.com | View Great Ireland Run - Phoenix Park in Dublin, Ireland
I think this is the probably route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts