Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took up running again recently, and have entered into the ballot for this year's GNR.

I did it once already, but that was in 1985!

I have two queries, which I'm hoping someone can help me with-

How many people enter into the ballot each year? i.e. What are my chances of being succesful in entering? and, Does anyone know where I will be able to obtain a copy of the 1985 race results as I have misplaced mine? - I still got my medal!;)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi I applied and got in first time last year, I am not sure what the% is for the ballot. I took a look on greatrun.org but it didn't tell me anything I couldn't even find an email address to see if they could tell you where archived results would be.

Good luck with looking

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've also entered the ballot for this year. The price is a bit steep but I think it'll be good to experience. I've no idea what the percentage or probability of succeeding in the ballot is though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both your replies.:)

I have scoured the internet, with no joy.

Results from that far back can probably only be found in The British Museum!;)
I was only 11 at the time, and as far as I know, they stopped under 18's from entering not long after that. I seem to remember my time being 1. 50something?, but I doubt my time will be the same this time round if I am succesful in the ballot!:embarrassed:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Made it in! Got my email at 11.00pm on Saturday - a bit later than planned and was starting to give up hope but really happy!

Has anyone else entered this year?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm in......well I assume I am I got several emails telling me I was successful and they are going to charge me a small fotune for the privaledge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
to bigjonny

Just took up running again recently, and have entered into the ballot for this year's GNR.

I did it once already, but that was in 1985!

I have two queries, which I'm hoping someone can help me with-

How many people enter into the ballot each year? i.e. What are my chances of being succesful in entering? and, Does anyone know where I will be able to obtain a copy of the 1985 race results as I have misplaced mine? - I still got my medal!;)

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Hi, are you still active here? I know where you can get a 1985 Results book! I've listed one on our Oxfam Shop's Amazon account.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts