Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my first half marathon @ the Great Scottish Run on 2nd September, have to say I'm getting pretty excited about it!

Are there any other RF guys or gals taking part?

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I'm doing the half marathon as well. It's going to be my second half. I'm hoping for a good time - this is my only race in the build up to the Frankfurt marathon and a good result will boost my confidence a bit.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Good luck guys let us know how you get on? :d

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had originally thought about making this my first half, but as training hadn't gone quite to plan have plumped for the 10k again, where I'll try to beat last year's time. Warming up by doing a 10K this Saturday which is part of the Bute Highland Games - have to watch out for flying cabers :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
calton1954 said:
I had originally thought about making this my first half, but as training hadn't gone quite to plan have plumped for the 10k again, where I'll try to beat last year's time. Warming up by doing a 10K this Saturday which is part of the Bute Highland Games - have to watch out for flying cabers :d
That would be painful if one of those landed on a toe :d

·
Registered
664 Posts
I did 45:53 last year. My current pb is better than a minute under that, but I've missed a bit of training with holidays and stuff recently, so I'd be happy if I can beat last year. I'm a late starter to this running lark, this is my second year and the aim is to beat last year's time in each race, which I've managed so far. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm also doing the 10k, thought about trying the half marathon, but since i'm a pretty new runner and last years 10k was my first i think i'll work up to the half marathon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts