Runners Forum banner

great yorkshire run in sheffield???

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  roadrunnerrob 
#1 ·
anyone on here got their name down for this 10k? i have!!!!! ;-)

#4 ·
Thats a great time for your 1st and 2nd 10k, i'm doing my first 10k on the 23rd of this month can't see me getting a time anywhere near that though. When i did my first 5k my time was about 5mins more than my training times not sure why so i'll be happy with 1hr 5mins. If i dont let you all know that means ive probably done terrible.

#5 ·
Cheers guys! im hoping to do a 45 min one, thats my goal, then ill have to set a new one!!!! ;-)

the first 10k i did was the great manchester run, i was doing it in about 1hour 5mins in training so i was really really chuffed with a shade under 52! i think the nutrition preperation,sleep and also the excitment of the day all played a large roll in it! so, fingers crossed!

however it doesnt always work in your favour, the quickest training time i got in for the great yorkshire run was 46.12, only a little out from the actual time but it would have been a little nearer to my goal time! my time could have been better if i hadnt gone to a party the night before (one of them, ill show my face then go, but end up there all night ones!!!) and i ate a piece on lemon cheescake, id been really good with food all week, no alcohol the lot, then the damn cheescake, i blame it on the slither of cheesecake i had!!!! ;-)

STOTTY, where you doing it???? i may come along too if it is local! i live either at hartshead in ashton or mossley, depending on how much spare time i have to work on my house!!!!!

#6 ·
Its at Tatton Park at 11.00am, would you suggest not running the day before, what about drinks does anyone take luzocade or is water best. I'm only asking because after my 5k i ended up in agony, i was so stiff by mid afternoon it worried me but the day after i was just a bit achey. I did run the day before though and didnt have a hot bath when i got home because i was so pumped i thought i was invincable ha little did i know. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#7 ·
Ahh Tatton, i was actually supposed to be doing that with my mate, can you still enter???? ;)

in the run up to my last 10k i ran 10k on the monday,7 on the wednesday and then a quick 5 on the friday, had a day off on the saturday and then i was ready for the day! i was careful what i ate all week, looking at protein and carbs mainly! the trusty tacket potato with a tuna steak and a little bit of asdas own cottage cheese went down a treat on the saturday night!

i have got some isotonic stuff that you make up yourself with water that i use, its from holland and barrett but i think lucozade would be ok, just make sure that your used to drinking on the run aswell so that you dont get it all over you and you dont get a bit of a stitch!

as soon as youve done the 10k you will need to eat and drink!!!!! i reccommend a little milkshake that they sell in most shops sainsnos deffinately have them, they are called FOR GOODNESS SHAKES ( www forgoodnessshakes com ) they seem to do the trick for me! You also need to remember to keep warm even if you are sweating to allow your muscles to warm down a bit, doing a warm down stretch will help aswell! then have a nice warm bath or shower! ;)

Hope this helps and i havent gone on a bit too much! This is only what i have learnt/been told off other people and it seems to have helped me over the past year or so! ;)

IM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN BOOK ON IT NOW! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.