Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

i've had a pain in the top of my leg in the groin area for the past few weeks.It hurts when i put my weight on that leg or when i start walking but after a few steps the pain goes.Which is why i've carried on running since i've had it but i had to stop running half a mile into a jog tonight because the pain wouldn't go and it felt weak in that area.I use Brooks Adrenaline 7 trainers with Dr.Foot insoles.Has anybody else had this?If so any advice please ;)

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Gaz

I'm no expert, but this sounds like a damaged muscle to me. Have you tried giving it a couple of weeks' solid rest? I would suggest you see a physio.

The last time I did something similar I was told, firmly, to rest it "before" I aggravate it next time :p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'd certainly advise rest as a first cause of action (easier said then done I know), and then it sounds like a visit to a Physio like Katten suggests would be a good second.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Groin injury..........................

Mine is only just...touches wooden head...going after having had sports fizz and doing less running for quite some time. When I did run injured....not clever thing to do I ran at a slower pace and didn't go as far as I would have liked.

Answer therefore seems to be see a fizz, do some stretches and rest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know what your specific injury is ,but I have had a hip adductor problem for some time now.
The physio said that it is the Pectineus muscle which is tight and goes into spasm.
Like you, it goes when I start running/ walking.
Stretching really helps it to ease off. But if I am sitting for a while, it goes tight and is sore for a bit.
I rested until I was pain free, but it came back when I started running again.
It is something that I have just got to live with.
Regular stretching is the only thing that really works for me.

Good luck

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I've had a nagging groin injury since 2000. And came and went, never bothering me for more than a few days at a time.
Then one yar ago while training fast I put my foot in a hole I hadn't seen. Didn't seem serious as it even hardly slowed me down...
But something clicked in the groin and it was really bad for about 10 months.
It has been getting better slowly...
If the pain persists, check with a doctor. In my case, something that wasn't fixed came back strongly 6 years later.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I damaged my adductor muscle in October and have been resting it but still feel pain if I start running, so I had one session of Bowen Therapy. I had never heard of it before and am skeptical about it, but waiting to see if it works! I will be having another session next week. I also started to do some yoga again which I thought may help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts