Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've done it, just entered my first 10km race. The Leeds Abbey Dash at the end of November.

I needed sone motivation to keep the running up as the nights get darker ( and wetter ) and this is my way of doing it.

Even better my pace is picking up and I can now do the distance in sub 60 minutes, better still theres weeks yet to improve on that still.

Looking for my next race already - want to enter a second race before I run this one so it does not become a one off.

This running lark is getting addictive !.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`ll be glad when my first race is over on Sunday (Southend 10k ),so that I can run without feeling I have to push myself so hard a couple of times a week.

I wish they wouldn`t call a 10k race a dash,it makes me feel even slower than I know I am.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
rkavanagh said:
Look on the bright side you are certain to get your race personal best !
Which is a good reason not to go too fast! ;) That way you'll give yourself an attainable target next time....the Sergei Bubka method of pbing...in his case a cm at a time in runners case 3/4 secs a time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
rkavanagh said:
Well I've done it, just entered my first 10km race. The Leeds Abbey Dash at the end of November.

I needed sone motivation to keep the running up as the nights get darker ( and wetter ) and this is my way of doing it.

Even better my pace is picking up and I can now do the distance in sub 60 minutes, better still theres weeks yet to improve on that still.

Looking for my next race already - want to enter a second race before I run this one so it does not become a one off.

This running lark is getting addictive !.
My first race was the Leeds half which has about the same number of runners as the Abbey Dash and found it mesmorising to run in a large field like that after months of training by myself. The whole day got me totally addicted to running and sure you will feel the same.The weird thing with the abbey dash is you do get to see the leaders coming back the other way.As for another race the Dewsbury 10k in February is a very similar style race to the Abbey Dash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts