Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAN

Don't mean to be a nuscience but would it be possible to put a section in training blog under cross training for gym work also, as I do a lot of gym work along side my running and treadmill session and I would find this very helpful to keep a track of my progress..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I do three session a week of CV, two runs a week, maybe one on treadmill (which you have very kindly included) and two sessions a week of a circuit to include weights so maybe you could perhaps add one for CV work and one of weight training which would be adequate for me.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Dan....sorry to jump of Nellies thread but would it be possible to seperate miles that from running from those that are from cross training?

BTW - I have to say that I think the training blog is a fab idea!!

Thanks,
Emma

·
Registered
45 Posts
No worries....I accept that I could jiust be being a bird and not reading properly but....the way I am reading the training blog summary is that it sums any miles/km that are accumulated ny swimming cycling and running. I think that it may be benifical to be able to see running miles seperate from miles gained in cross training activites, for example...

Distance ran - 10 mile
XTrain distance - 2 miles
Total - 12 miles

I got all excited the other week because it appeared like I had clocked up more miles than I anticiapted but I think the distance had taken cycling/swimming into account.....am I just being a dumb bird?????

·
Registered
45 Posts
hmm....Steve my other half would question that and often does when it is still dark outside and the alarm clock goes off for no good reason other than to get my lazy fat a*** out of bed and into a pair of trainers?!? When it's peeing down with rain I have to think he may well be right!!!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
The Dumb birds not logged on at the moment Emma.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Nothing to worry about,she didn`t even notice.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
That was a stupid thing to do.

I must stop drinking at this time of the day.

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
EmmaC said:
No worries....I accept that I could jiust be being a bird and not reading properly but....the way I am reading the training blog summary is that it sums any miles/km that are accumulated ny swimming cycling and running. I think that it may be benifical to be able to see running miles seperate from miles gained in cross training activites, for example...

Distance ran - 10 mile
XTrain distance - 2 miles
Total - 12 miles

I got all excited the other week because it appeared like I had clocked up more miles than I anticiapted but I think the distance had taken cycling/swimming into account.....am I just being a dumb bird?????
I see Emma, don't worry you're not been stupid! I don't do much cross training but I can see how this would be useful. You could have your weekly running milage, weekly swimming mileage and perhaps weekly cycling milage.

Although its not supported at the moment I'll get this on the list of future enhancements. If you have any more suggestions please let me know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts