Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
If I run with a bottle of sparkling water I feel bloated very quickly and then find it hard to take more water on board. (Not sure if this common or just me). Still water does not affect me in the same way and I can take onboard as much as I like.

Enery drinks seem to be OK as well, I was half expecting to feel bloated after drinking these as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't really care . . . but I did happen to read recently that scientists did some tests on people that drank still and sparkling and there was no real difference in one being better for you than the other.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Granty said:
If I run with a bottle of sparkling water I feel bloated very quickly and then find it hard to take more water on board. (Not sure if this common or just me). Still water does not affect me in the same way and I can take onboard as much as I like.

Enery drinks seem to be OK as well, I was half expecting to feel bloated after drinking these as well.
Hi Granty,

How do you manage to run with sparkling water? doesn't it all go Pssssssssssssssssss all over the place when you try and drink it coz it's all shook up?

I was given a free fizzy sugary drink, first it went up my nose when I tried to drink it, then I left my running bottle out in the car all night (warm) and the bottle went mouldy and I had to clean it out with a trombone cleaner brush....ie, a long bottle brush thing...heck of a job, back to plain old water, ot just a 'still' isotonic drink!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Fizzy water maybe but sparkling water is a different kettle of fish (so to speak), I think my average speed is low enough to negate this Pssssssssssssssss problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts