Runners Forum banner

Is it possible?

• Yes - do it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - but it will take over my life for months

• Maybe, but it's probably not safe to attempt it.

• Definitely not a good idea.

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I'm a marathoner looking for guidance from ultra marathoners.

I love running for it's own sake, but my real goal here is to think of ideas that would make a really good sponsorship event. I recently ran a solo marathon in lockdown and raised quite a lot, and am looking for ideas to take this further - things that will really catch the imagination of potential sponsors and raise thousands - so the goal is to find something really inspiring, which, with some serious training, I could feasibly (and safely) do.

I'm new to the forum but have some long-distance running experience. This marathon I ran recently was my second, and was run in 3:15 which I understand is a 'competent job' sort of time.

How to you feel about my trying to run all the way along the Hadrian's wall path in 24 hours? I'm looking for a feel of whether you would think this is possible for someone like me, with perhaps 6 months of training.

Sponsorship wise this would be a great message: start in the sea in the east, cross England on my feet in a day, and finish in the sea in the west before midnight.

But is it physically possible and safe? It's 83 miles, mostly flat but, importantly, with some areas of hilly terrain. I find nothing when googling for 'run Hadrian's wall in a day'.

·
Registered
828 Posts
There is (or was) an event for that. If you find that you could study the times.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
It was run by Rat Race events, as I recall. I know people who have done it but not sure how long it took them. I would say it's doable in a day, if you've already got some ultra experience. If not, then it would be pushing it. 83 miles is a long way and it's not like it's easy terrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts