Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there this is a funny one, iv got really long dark hair, when running i put it back up because of the sweating issue i need to wash my hair after every run and i run 5 times aweek and this is really drying my hair out keep washing it. Does anyone have any ideas on what i might beable to use after washing it to stop it drying out so much sorry its a weird one hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
hayley1977 said:
sorry its a weird one,hayley
Never apologize for being weird on here Hayley...............................It`s normal....:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Dave said:
Never apologize for being weird on here Hayley...............................It`s normal....:d
I was trying so hard not to invade the ladies section but when I saw you'd posted Dave I just couldn't resist any longer!!

Hayley,
The weirder the better.....more likely to get a response that way.;)

As for me....little hair to talk of so can't help with your query!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the helpfull hints though wouldnt know what to do without you guys!!!
Not getting rid of my hair its a guy puller!!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`ll leave this thread to you Steve..................

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hayley,
Coconut oil - you used to be able to buy this in superdrug it comes in a little pot. Its solid to start with but once you warm it up in your hands it turns to oil. Alternatively you could just use a deep conditioning treatment once a week. Maybe use a clarifying shampoo as well - something lighter that hopefully won't dry your hair out as much.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks edwina ill be out tommorow seeing what i can get hold off, i love running but im a girly girl who loves getting dressed up and putting her high heels on, and doesnt want her hair to suffer either so thanks

Steve, maybe we should leave it at you dont know what i mean ah.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hair protection

I think that depending on your hair type you might be able to use one of the intensive 2/3 minute conditioners as your daily conditioner if you wash it that regularly or use a leave in conditioner with added vitamins. It worked for me while i was living in extreme heat and sunshine a few years back.

I have to wash mine after every work out and it helps to have some added extra nutrition to try and replace what the shampoo cleans out. I used a Schwartz brand one!! There are plenty on the market.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got quite long hair and have had the same concerns. I've been using Frizz-Ease Leave In Conditioner after washing my hair as normal in a regular shampoo and conditioner, and it really seems to do the trick. It's fairly inexpensive and lasts for ages.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I use Redken extreme shampoo and conditioner. Much better than anything else (including the man top-range things I've tried). I had dreads for over 4 years, and they were bleached, so my hairs still growing out, fairly long, but was really dry and cripsy and yeah, washing it all the time didn't help, but this stuff is amazing. You wouldn't know my hair is brown on bleach... on brown... on bleach over naturally very very dark brown hair lol. I don't even have to use leave-in conditioner. I use the Redken anti-snap leave-in conditioner when I want to straighten my hair though. Anyhoo, I'm sure that any leave-in conditioner will work, but a friend of mine also suggests using something like E45 diluted a bit and combed through the hair. Worth a try I guess!

A

·
0 Posts
I use Brylcreem original and my hair is never dried out and I'll wash my hair twice a day if I'm running twice. Even my wife sometimes uses a dab on her long hair but too much can make it look a bit greasy.

I have wonderful quiff mind....

Andrew. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts