Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a half marathon on Sunday morning and was wondering if any has any dietary tips for the few days before. I know it's not a significant distance but is there anything I should eat the day before to maximise energy levels on the day?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
drink lots and lots of water

i think it takes about 3-4 days of drinking more than the regular amount of water to get a deacent level of pre- race hydration.. also prob best to avoid booze.. at least until after the race.
i wouldnt eat too much on the morning of the race either...

other than that... good luck

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
All good advice so far :) Load up with plenty of carbs - complex ones being better of course (e.g. wholegrain pasta & bread rather than their 'white' equivalents)... make sure you stay as well hydrated as possible, particularly the day before the race where you should be resting your legs as much as possible - so a perfect excuse not to be doing any housework :)

Lastly, don't try anything completely new, especially on race morning!!! Porridge is a great pre-run breakfast, but if you've not tried it before a run before now, it's not worth risking - you could easily find that it doesn't sit too well and it could potentially ruin your race :(

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yup - all the above, I always get Mrs G to make a big pasta meal the night before, make sure I have plenty of liquid on board for a few days before but I find I run better with a Blackthorn on pre race evening - this of course is optional. :d

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Yup - all the above, I always get Mrs G to make a big pasta meal the night before, make sure I have plenty of liquid on board for a few days before but I find I run better with a Blackthorn on pre race evening - this of course is optional. :d

Good luck.
In respect of the fact that your after beating my PB Granty,I think you should see if 5/6 pints of Blackthorn helps you run a faster time.......:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
In respect of the fact that your after beating my PB Granty,I think you should see if 5/6 pints of Blackthorn helps you run a faster time.......:d
LOL naughty devious Dave :lol:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Can't believe you'd stoop as low Dave as to get suggest I get hammered before a race !! :asleep: I'm an athelete don't you know. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts