Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just clocked a half marathon PB? Post it here!

In order to let everyone know the details please use the format...

New PB: 93:13
Old PB: 93:15
Event: Reading Half Marathon
Date: 04/06/2005

Comments:

Only two seconds off but it all counts!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
New PB 92:30
Old PB 95:33 (which I did twice before beating it)
St Neots Half Marathon (CAMBS)
Nov. 2004.

Missed it last year but have number for this year....aim is 91mins..fingers crossed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
New PB: 2:32:05
Old PB: 2:53:00
Event: Loch Leven Half Marathon
Date: 27/05/2006

Comments: Pretty satisfied with progress and that included running with an injury (I know I shouldn't have!!) against force 10 gales!

·
Registered
151 Posts
New PB: 1:16:47
Old PB: 1:27:02
Event: Great Scottish Run (Glasgow) Half Marathon
Date: 3/09/2006

Comments: Old PB was from same race last year, and this was my second half, so really happy that I took over 10 minutes off from last year considering I have had 3 months of injury this year....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ran my first half marathon in Reading this year with injury and managed to clock up 2:06:00. I was hoping for 1:50:00. But I over trained my self which resulted in a nagging pain in my knee. Planning to do the next half marathon in Reading hopefully with better scheduled training and should be in line to do PB.
I recently ran the 10k Nike London run with PB of 49:43.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Granty,
Because it was my first half marathon I prepared quite a bit and didn’t want to miss out especially with all the hours of training I put in. Anyway two weeks before the race I only ran twice in very slow pace and did lot of cross training mostly swimming.
On the day of the race I ran in a slow pace for 10 miles, worried about my knee. Then the pain just disappeared it just went numb. I had 3.1 miles left to make a reasonable good time, so ran like mad. I had a stiff neck the next day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts