Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new member in this forum and have one year Running, I have the intention to run my first Hal Marathon this May '06 and like to know or suggest one Plan to following and Run my Half Marathon ? How would be at good recommendation to get at Good Plan, May be at Link or Book ?

Thank you,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you help, Do you know at one plan to prepare Half Marathon in 5 weeks ? It is possible if are running 40 miles by week ?

Where can find one fast Half Marathon program ?

Thank you,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Charub said:
Thank you for you help, Do you know at one plan to prepare Half Marathon in 5 weeks ? It is possible if are running 40 miles by week ?

Where can find one fast Half Marathon program ?

Thank you,
There is no 'fast' way to train for a half marathon unfortunately although you say you have been running for a year which gives you a base to work from. Have you run any other races recently?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the last three Sundays I run 10K each Sunday and yesterday Run 15K but like get better time in 21K,

·
Registered
110 Posts
It sounds like you are on the right track. I would think about doing a 10 mile run this weekend to see how you get on. Then you can consider doing 12 miles the week after before tapering in the run up to the event.

As it's your first half I would just concentrate on getting round comfortably rather than going for a time.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Charub said:
Thank you and Sorry but don't knowHow is : Tapering ???????
Tapering is when you start to lower the instensity of your training sessions in order to keep your body fresh for race day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts