Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got asked by a friend what this mara was like...

Not wanting to seem ignorant I invented some answers...

I know Trinity and RichK have said nice things about this race in the past... anyone got any info or opinions on it?

Not for me... for my friend... honest!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hollywood said:
Not for me... for my friend... honest!

Hmm.. for your friend eh ;)

I really liked this marathon, would love to run it again one day. It's in May so generally not too hot, although I love running in heat anyway.

Very friendly, and very well organised. Nice picturesque route, not all busy roads like some marathons.

I have very fond memories of the Halstead marathon, plus it was the first race where I won a prize :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Trinity said:
Hmm.. for your friend eh ;)

I really liked this marathon, would love to run it again one day. It's in May so generally not too hot, although I love running in heat anyway.

Very friendly, and very well organised. Nice picturesque route, not all busy roads like some marathons.

I have very fond memories of the Halstead marathon, plus it was the first race where I won a prize :)
It was I who asked for HW's opinion on this marathon.
This would be only my second mara (the first being New forest this year).
Thanks for the info Trinity. The more I hear about it the better it is sounding to me.
How hilly is it?
NF was described as undulating but that seemed pretty tough to me!
Andrew

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
scenic, strange figure 8 multi lap affair, hilly.

(was frickin hot when i did it, but then marathons always are when i turn up)

·
Registered
113 Posts
nope . . not hilly . . just a couple of slopes, that's all . .

you've more danger of getting dizzy than of getting altitude sickness!

I enjoyed the race, and the course. Trin and I were training for Dartmoor at the time and ran a couple of miles beforehand and I still didn't think it was hilly!

and as Trin said, despite having run further than anybody else she won a prize :d

certainly, if I got back into marathon training, I'd be happy to go back and race there again . .

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The 11th of May!! I think someone else might be very tempted to do this as it falls on his birthday ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts