Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not been running that much over the first half of the year but I've steadily, applying the 10% rule, picked up the distance. Over the past seven weeks I've incresed to 3 x 3.4 mile a week. I seem to get a slight twinge in my right hamstring, normally when striding out a little, that disappears after running. I stretch before, 5 minutes into and after a run.

Any ideas? Is it a warning sign?

Cheers,
Dave

P.S It's good to be back. I've been really busy lately but I'm enjoying the running:d .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

I didn't run last week due to work commitments. I've been ok this week and the week before last. It may be paranoia from my previous 'overdoing it' injury :embarrassed: or just a slight ache/pain that I should expect whilst building up. I'll post if I have any re-occurance.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm very competitive, even against myself, and struggle not to train against the clock, hence the striding out to make up for time. I'm led to believe this is quite a common problem. I managing to resist the tempatation lately and keep reminding myself it's only a training run.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It is a common problem.
Do you belong to a running club? If not you could try to find one and then deliberately run with someone slower. It would do you no harm in terms of your race speed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm moving next week and intend on joining the local running club for training, support and make some friends. I may start entering a few competitions, as a club runner, because the prospect of competition running doesn't seem so inviting by myself.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll no doubt find a suitable training partner to reduce the requirement to 'power on' to the end.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts